Feeling sluggish? These easier-than-pie tricks will get your metabolism more revved up than you could imagine.
- EAT UP: You’ve always been told that weight loss is a simple equation- just calories in minus calories out, right? Eat less than what your body needs and your body will put your metabolism into slow motion.
- DON’T CUT CALS: Crash dieting makes your digestive system anxious. It thinks it’s starving and will slow your metabolism right down to conserve energy.
- SNIFF A LEMON: … or a grapefruit, if that’s more your flavor. Olfactory stimulation affects the nervous system, which turns up the volume on metabolism.
- MORE PROTEIN: Protein, such as meat, dairy, nuts and eggs, helps maintain lean muscle and rev your post meal calorie burn by as much as 35 per cent.
- HYDRATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF: Drink loads of cold water, basically. Many studies have found that drinking water increases metabolic rate by almost a third.
- BREAK UP YOUR ROUTINE: Splitting your workout into two sessions might actually rev your metabolism. It burns more calories than doing in a single go.
- SIP OOLONG TEA: It aids digestion and improve the body’s ability to metabolise fat. People who regularly drink it are more likely to achieve any weight loss goals.
- CHOMP ON SOME CHOCOLATE: For real! As long as it’s the dark variety – it helps lower stress hormone levels and regulate metabolism.
- BREATHE MORE: Breathing exercises – like those you do during yoga- can help increase metabolic rate by increasing the amount of oxygen in your system.
- TAKE THE PRESSURE DOWN: Stress interferes with your inner metabolic workings. By reducing stress through meditation, yoga or whatever else floats your boat, your metabolism will keep purring along more efficiently.
- EAT SOME GARLIC: Adding garlic to food can help boost your immune system, lower blood pressure and support your body’s ability to metabolise sugars.
- HAVE A CUP OF COFFEE: Caffeine stimulates the nervous system… which as we now know does good things for our palmetabolism.
- TRAIN IN INETRVALS: When you hit the gym, alternate your regular speed with bursts of high-intensity exercise for 50 seconds at a time, which is said to raise your resting metabolism. Which means, of course, more calories burned in the same amount of time.
Be sure to get the best insurance you can afford. A Cigna Medicare supplement plan can pay medical expenses along with Medicare.
Crypto-currencies are famous for the astronomical swelling in their value as well as unexpected free-falls. The profits which stock trading provides in a quarter can now be made through Bitcoin in a single month. On the flip side, they have extreme levels of volatility and risk built into them. While it is not generally recommended to flood all your savings into crypto-currency, putting the surplus savings into them and testing it through can help you stand a chance to earn greater returns.
The reasons why investing on Crypto-currencies are good:
- Unbelievable returns: The percentage gains in Crypto-currencies are extremely hard to believe. If you were to invest $1000 on Bitcoins at the beginning of 2017, within the second quarter of the year, the investment would be quadrupled to $4000. Some ICO’s have seen more than 60,000 % rise in their value within a span of two years.
- Seamless Transactions: Purchasing Bitcoin is much simpler than any other online financial transaction. If one decides to put some funds on the exponentially growing currency, it is as easy as a few clicks online.
- Higher Liquidity: For the equity in a startup to turn into a profit, one has to hang on till the IPO or any acquisition occurs. But purchasing crypto-currencies makes it for much easier exchanges to dollars which in turn makes it highly liquid relative to any equity.
- Clear Path of Investment: Investment in a startup say, has to bear through a lot of twists and turns till where it ends as a finished product. Thus, the environment in which the investment heads is unknown. But in the case of crypto-currencies, one can accurately evaluate the platform, the network of investment and use strong insights to predict performance.
The reasons why investing in crypto-currencies is not good:
- Extremely Volatile: Stock trading itself is known for its ruthless nature when it comes to retaining investments. Bitcoin on the other hand is more than a hundred fold volatile as some dips in its value can wipe off large investments within minutes. Also, not to forget its vulnerability to hacking which has unfortunately, increased recently.
- Competition: Bitcoin could be the only current player in the market known to majority of people, but even while the investment is in its infancy stage, a number of competitors have risen up against Bitcoin. Given the future potential of this currency, the competition is only likely to be higher leading to its lesser share in the market.
- Mismanagement and lack of resources: If the ICO fails to raise money or incurs a financial loss, the crypto-currency network is damaged. Also if the team running the crypto-currency does not handle the business correctly, it can lead to potential loss in the market, thus devaluing the currency extremely.
The benefits of crypto-currencies are tempting as much as the disadvantages are scary. Before deciding to invest on Bitcoins or any other crypto-currencies, be sure of your investment plans and systems and also learn about the ICO, its background and how it is growing with time.
Don’t forget to invest in your health insurance. Find out more http://www.comparemedicaresupplementplans2018.com.
Life in retirement can be very easy going and relaxing. Many seniors tend to include a variety of new hobbies and activities in their lives. However, for some people that is not always the case. Many retired people often develop a strong bonds with their jobs and activities that were involved in before the retirement. Other find that life in retirement can be boring and simple. One interesting concept that seniors should consider is the prospect of volunteering. In this article we will examine the benefits for the seniors for being volunteers.
The first and foremost, we must explore the Physical and Mental Health Benefits.
Having an active lifestyle can be great opportunity for mental and physical well-being. Being part of volunteering events eliminates the possibility for boredom and isolation. Moreover, personal stress is limited due to the distraction of the volunteer activities. Also volunteering gives positives vibes which can be a great boost for the emotional health of the senior that is volunteering. Furthermore, volunteering can increase the level of physical activity of the senior thus improving the overall health condition. Volunteering can also provide a feeling of belonging to something, which can have a positive impact on the cognitive wellbeing of the senior volunteers.
Go to medigap2018.org/ to find great rate for medicare supplement.
The second important reason is that it can lower the risk of dementia. Being part of volunteering activities keeps the mind active and focused. Planning and organizing special events can result with high concentration thus putting the brain into work. By keeping a sharp mind, senior volunteers can lower the risk of dementia on the long term.
Another and less explored benefit is the connection of the various age groups. Through volunteer work seniors can socialize with the younger generations thus creating a better understanding between them.
By volunteering at a youth group, sports events and school programs, seniors and children have a great opportunity to find their common areas and have fun together.
Many seniors that volunteer can prevent the depression and isolation. Being retired is often related with staying at home and being a couch potato. Many seniors are isolated in their homes from the rest of the world. Volunteering can get elderly people back into the community through the various activities. That will give them a boost of feeling that they are part of the community again.
A final advantage is based on the fact that Volunteering can make a difference. Many seniors still want to be contributors to the society. Retirement years should not be an obstacle for that goal. Helping those that are in need is a great way of being productive in this late life stage. The experience and knowledge of the seniors can be used as perfect guide for many young generations.
On a final note, we can conclude that Volunteering can be a great opportunity for seniors to put the skills they have honed back into service. Volunteering can give them motive and purpose, and most importantly, it can keep them active and healthy.